Professionals and Trades

Chiefly an audiovisual museum, The Story Of Nyngan is housed in the restored railway refreshment room. It includes some artefacts, and has a particular emphasis on the 1990 flood which inundated the town. Photograph records of white settlement, including local personalities, are held.
Visitors can explore all aspects of Cobar's unique industrial, pastoral, Aboriginal and social history during a visit to the centre. Displays are housed in the Great Cobar Copper Mine's magnificent administration building erected in 1910. Interpretive signs outside guide visitors through the grounds and an amazing collection of mining and transport artefacts, and on to the surrounding heritage areas.20,000 objects relating to the social, mining, pastoral and Aboriginal history of the Cobar district, ranging from large transport to fine instruments. Includes over 3,000 photographs and 50 art...
The museum is housed in a 100 year old weatherboard cottage with additional items held in a re-located cottage and sheds. There are also displays outside. The collection began as a Bicentenary celebration project and features displays depicting the history of Junee and district, and family histories.
The museum is devoted to the preservation of all manner of items from the railways of New South Wales, including the Dorrigo Branch line. There are currently 57 locomotives, 300 carriages and wagons and thousands of small exhibits. Work continues on preparing the site for the display of trains and carriages. While no date has been determined for the official opening there are plans to have open days when the public will have the opportunity to view the exhibits. Totally volunteer organisation with 700 members, membership details available on request.The largest preserved railway...
Fairfield City Museum and Gallery consists of a museum with a permanent local history exhibition, a historical village, a temporary exhibition gallery and a community access space. The historic village, complete with soundscapes, brings to life Western Sydney from 1900 to the 1930s, with reconstructed and heritage buildings, including a schoolhouse, a slab hut, a weatherboard cottage, a blacksmith's shop, a motor garage, The Biz newspaper printery and Wheatley's Store. The temporary exhibition gallery and community access space host exhibitions representing the diverse cultures of Fairfield...
This interactive museum and interpretive centre displays the best of the Broken Hill city mineral collection. The GeoCentre uses the wonders of Broken Hill geology to explain Earth Sciences, especially mineralogy, metallurgy and geological time.1000 - 2000 mineral specimens. Several hundred mining social history artefacts.
The front building of the Museum was originally used as a house dating from 1842. It is the only remaining house building in the CBD area of Port Macquarie from that era.
All artefacts on display show development from convict beginnings to early settlement from the 1840s. Displays at the museum include; a 'street of shops' depicting life as it was in the 1800s and a prize-winning costume collection. The museum has been in operation for over 40 years and is the winner of awards for best museum.More than 20,000 items collected over a period of 40 years. Artefacts from all aspects of Port...
The museum building is important due to its age and place in Albury's history. There is an active program of events, talks, and school holiday programs. The museum also collaborates with the local Charles Sturt University and other knowledge based institutions and historical societies. Plans for a purpose-built museum in the city centre as part of a cultural precinct are underway.A varied collection from thimbles to Sunshine harvesters. Approximately 18,000 objects. Two significant collections are the Bonegilla Collection and the McPherson photographic collection.
The Museum of the Riverina has two impressive sites. The first is situated in the former Historic Council Chambers, built in 1881, and converted in 1998 to function as a museum facility. This site is used as a meeting venue - in the former chamber - and as a venue for hosting a regular program of travelling exhibitions.

The second site, adjacent to the Botanic Gardens, was formerly run by the Wagga Wagga & District Historical Society, and opened in 1965. The site was renovated and reopened in September 2001 and contains internal exhibitions and a number of outbuildings. The newly renovated...
An open air museum, consisiting of a former coal mine site and three kilometres of associated railway structure. An authentic coal mining site, interpreting coal mining histoy within a context of mining ans associated industries.Artefacts related to the industrial history of the NSW Western Coal fields, including coal mining, support industries, steel making and rail transport.
The College of Nursing archival collection contains records pertaining to the college, the development of nursing in Australia as well as individual nurses and other nursing organisation records.The collection consists of mostly paper records and photographs and a large nursing badge collection.
The Museum is housed in six buildings whose sections deal with roadside relics, old tools, the old shop, dairy, washing and ironing, household goods, clocks, telephones, lights, wireless, old hospital, pottery, jewellery and toys. The proprietor, John Menzies works in the museum as a harness maker, wheelwright, coach builder, mule skinner and blacksmith. He demonstrates his skills in these areas, as well as the working collection of horse gear and horse-drawn vehicles to visitors.8,000 items
This is a rural museum which tries to preserve a way of life from early settlement. A collection of early farm machinery, tractors, wool presses, blacksmithing tools, picture show projectors and dairy equipment is on display. Corn threshing by machine and by hand is demonstrated on open day, as well as rope making and spinning.300 documents, 200 photographs, 100 farm machines, 20 Aboriginal artefacts
This extensive collection of local and Darling Downs history features a large display of memorabilia. The Allora and District Historical Society also has a second museum, the Old Shire Hall. This is located on the corner of Forde and Warwick streets. It provides facilities for reading and research as well as special displays. The Museum is open on the 4th Saturday in each month as well as by appointment. Admission is also $1.50.Approximately 10,000 items and 2,500 photographs
The museum represents the social and natural history of Eumundi through displays and historical documentation. The museum has digitised it's photographic collection and provides access to these images through a computer situated within the museum. Further records are added regularly. The museum is situated in the former Methodist church, built in 1911.300 objects, 200 natural history specimens, 2 500 photographs. The Eumundi Historical Museum contains social history collections, family history documentation, a comprehensive natural history collection and an extensive collection of historical...
The complex is a pioneer village and museum. It comprises eleven weatherboard buildings in original condition: a museum hall (3 buildings); Acutt House - 1930 original home; 1910 ex Methodist Church and Church Vestry; a blacksmith shop; Dairy and three sheds of agricultural and manufacturing machinery including special "sugar cane" collection; and Goodwood Railway Station with rails and small goods carriage used for servicing oil tankers from the "Pier". The buildings are furnished with historical items, including significant collections of agricultural machinery, tools, appliances,...
Cottage crafts, pottery, fibre making, education and schools, historic homes and rural buildings, local history, community groups ie. Riding for disabled, rural farm, steam machinery, rainforest walk.The park comprises an historical village of many acres, including restored and replica buildings of the Shire, steam and fire museums, potters, blacksmiths, rural farm, bush poetry, Sunday Markets, Australian education experience for students and accommodation for 100.
Bundaberg Steam Tramway Preservation Society Incorporated (BSTPS) trading as Botanical Gardens Railway (BGR) isolated in the Botanical Gardens North Bundaberg, Queensland, Australia. The society is a non-profit organisation operated and maintained by volunteers.

The aim of the society is to Restore, Maintain and Operate Steam Locomotives that were utilised in the Bundaberg district to haul Sugar Cane to the areas Juice and Sugar Mills. While doing this it is also to bring awareness to present and future generations of the machinery used by our pioneering families.

The Steam Locomotives are...
The museum displays a collection of photographs and artefacts of the social history of Townsville and district since the area's beginning in 1864.Estimated 3,000 plus photographs, with 3,000 artefacts
Constructed completely out of timber, Wood Works is operated in partnership by the Queensland Department of Primary Industries and the Queensland Museum. The wide range of static and working displays include a steam-driven sawmill; bullock drays, timber snigging and haulage wagons; pit saw and crosscut saw demonstration area; a working blacksmith's shop; timber cutter's bark hut; a 1925 Republic winch truck; a springboard display; and pioneering forest hand tools display. On various occasions throughout the year WoodWorks runs steam-driven sawmill days which demonstrates the operations of a...

Pages